How I Work

Loving my photos means we're off to a great start, but there is so much more to choosing your wedding photographer than just loving the images! I totally understand how overwhelming and important this decision is for you. After all, once the dust has settled on your wedding day, all you are left with are your memories and your photographs. I want to make sure you've got all the facts so that making your decision will be easier - here's how I work and what you can expect if you hire me as your photographer.

AM I "THE ONE" FOR YOU?

eaves hall wedding photographer lancashire

A STORYTELLING APPROACH

I take a storytelling approach to my photography, capturing your wedding as it unfolds for 90% of the day. The other 10% I will capture any group shots that you have requested and we will spend a little time together, just the 3 of us, capturing some beautiful couple portraits. I take this approach because I truly believe that years down the road the moments that you will want to relive will be the authentic memories of the day and the personalities of the people who are there with you rather than staged photos and awkward poses.


I am a master of blending in with your guests, chatting and putting everyone at ease which enables me to capture all those precious little moments completely unobtrusively.


hyde bank farm wedding photographer

WHAT SETS ME APART FROM THE REST?

Of all the things mentioned in reviews about me, it’s my ability to put people at ease in front of my camera, and make even the most awkward of couples feel comfortable and actually enjoy having their photos taken that sets me apart.

There aren’t many people in this world that I can’t find some common ground with, and I can chat to anyone which is an invaluable trait as a wedding photographer!

hyde bank farm wedding photographer

IN THE RUN UP TO YOUR BIG DAY

As soon as you're booked in I will send you a copy of my welcome magazine in the post which is full to bursting with helpful tips and advice gathered from my 10 years as a wedding photographer! I'll also send you a link to my very own APP for your phone full of tips and advice! These two gems will really help you to get the most from your wedding photos.


I'm here for you throughout your wedding planning - if you need anything I'm here to help! There's not much I've come across over the years and I've got a wealth of contacts so I can help with most wedding related things!


If I've not heard from you sooner, I'll be in touch a couple of months before the big day with a copy of my "Day in Detail" questionnaire for you to fill in. This is basically my bible for the day with key people, addresses, timings, group shot list etc! It ensures the day runs like clockwork from a photography perspective!


Once I've received your completed questionnaire book in another call to chat through your day, timings, all the details and get excited together yay!!

Colshaw Hall wedding photographer

AFTER YOUR BIG DAY

 

Once the big day is done, my work is just beginning! Within 48 hours I'll send you a sneak peek of a selection of images from your day, edited and ready to share with all your friends and family!


Your final gallery will be available within 6-8 weeks (depending the time of year / how many weddings I've been shooting)


If you choose to add an album to your package, I would then start the process of putting the design of your beautiful album together and sending you the proofs!

WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?


If everything above sounds good, then you can either take a look at my packages and pricing to see if we're a good fit, or you can get in touch to check my availability for your special day!